Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto deleted my photos

I opened the iPhoto Library icon in Users>Name>Pictures folder. It was a different library from the iPhoto Application I'd been using and has automatically replaced it. I have lost thousands of photos organized into albums. Is there a way to recover my original library?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), iPhoto

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 7:45 AM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2015 9:03 AM in response to Dan Stiles

There is no possible way that your library was automatically replaced - either you are mistaken or someone did it

To get help we need clear details and to know what recent changes you have made - see Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question

if your previous iPhoto library is actually gone then the only solution will be to restore your backup of it from before it was moved or deleted

LN

Feb 28, 2015 9:05 AM in response to Dan Stiles

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what version of iPhoto are you using?
  • what system version are you running?
  • how big is the library according to the Finder? Is it big enough that it could contain your photos but is just not working correctly?
  • what do you see in the iPhoto window when iPhoto opens?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

User uploaded file

iPhoto deleted my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.