Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

garage band track without effect

I used to record with GB 4 and 5. I use two Neumann mics and a Tascam interface. (Just to make shure: the rest was accustics - placement of mics, a good church room, etc.)

I had to get a new Macbook which includes GB 10. How do I get a track with no effects, no compression, no pre-set EQ, no squeeze, bright or limiter in the Master track, just a plain simple no-nothing track?

Chris

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 8:12 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2015 9:25 AM in response to theoboe-player

Chris, did you completely uninstall your old GarageBand version, or are still loops and instruments installed? If you still have old instruments installed, create a new Audio Track from the Tracks menu and and search for a "No Effects" patch in the library inspector panel. type "No Effects" into the search field. Perhaps you still have such an instrument in the "Legacy" section of the library.

Otherwise disable all effects in the "Smart Controls". For a new Audio Track you can simply set the switches for the Compressor and EQ to "Off".

Feb 28, 2015 9:52 AM in response to léonie

I imported an old GB project with what I'd call "no-nothing" tracks. That worked. I see I can duplicate those, and, for a new projet, duplicate the old one, rename it and use it as new.

But, I might be a bit slow, but just for a philosophical understanding: I think it's natural for a photo app to import images as original images, then deliberately alter them (or not alter them). I thought an audio app does the same: record audio.

I record since the 80s, and a tape machiene recorded the incoming audio (as well as possible). GB used the incoming audio and recorded it.

Am I right that this is NOT the concept of GB 10. anymore? Incoming audio is altered every time.

Boy, I'm getting old...

garage band track without effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.