Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get mail/Incorrect password

I recently restored a replacement phone and now I cannot access my Gmail. I get a message stating "Cannot Get Mail" because of an incorrect password. However, I can log into Gmail in Safari using the password my phone is saying is incorrect. Please help!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 7:07 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 9:33 AM in response to bailsinthe6

Hello bailsinthe6,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are experiencing issues with the mail account on your iPhone 5. We have a great set of troubleshooting steps available that usually resolve issues with mail, so let’s give these a go:

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ts3899

First, try these basic troubleshooting steps:

1. To make sure that you're connected to the Internet, open Safari and go to www.apple.com.

2. Log in to your email provider's website to make sure that the account is active and the password is correct.

3. Make sure your settings are correct using Mail Settings Lookup.

4. Restart your iOS device.

5. Delete the affected email account from your device.

1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

2. Tap the affected email account.

3. Tap Delete Account.

4. Add your account again.

Follow these steps for specific alerts.

"Cannot get mail"

Make sure you entered the correct password. If you enabled two-step verification through your email service provider, contact them to see if you need a special password for your iOS device.

Cheers,

Matt M.

Cannot get mail/Incorrect password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.