Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo download

I need to download photos from my iPhone 5s to my iMac then delete the photos from the phone. Can anyone help please?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:04 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 9:10 AM in response to jamesfrommchenry

Two ways:

1 - launch Image Capture, connect your iPhone to the iMac with the USB cable and upload the photos to a folder on the Desktop. Check to make sure the photos are safely in the folder on the desktop and then use Image Capture to delete the photos from your iPhone.

2 - if you're using iPhoto launch iPhoto, connect your iPhone to the iMac with the USB cable and import the photos into iPhoto. Next disconnect the iPhone and check to make sure the photos are safely in iPhoto by quitting iPhoto, reopening it and checking for the photos. Close iPhoto, launch Image Capture, connect the iPhone and use Image Capture to delete the photos from your iPhone.

NOTE: always verify that the photos are safely on the hard drive, either in iPhoto or the folder on the Desktop, before deleting from the iPhone.

User uploaded file

photo download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.