Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X SHUTS DOWN

QUESTION... FCP X KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN AFTER A VIEW MINUTES, AT THE STORE THEY RECOMMENDED A NEW DOWNLOAD TO THE LATEST VERSION OF FCP X. I DID THAT. WAS GONE FOR OVER A MONTH NOW THE FUN STARTS. NOW I RESTARTED TO USE FCP X THE PROGRAM SHUTTS DOWN AND REPORTS ERROR MESSAGE TO APLE "SO IT CLAIMS" IDOWN LOAD THE VIDEOS TAKEN TO THE EVENTS, AND START TO WOEK. AFTER I REMOVE THE CAMERA ALL THE EVENTS DISAPPEAR, AND I GET THE MESSAGE CAMERA MISSING. I REINSTALL THE CAMERA AND THE EVENTS REAPER. I START WORK AGAIN AND THE FCP X SHUTS DOWN.

SO I DISCONNECTED ALL MY EXTERNAL DRIVES, AND IT MADE NO DIVERGENCE WHAT SO EVER. I HAVE THE LATEST FCP X SOFTWARE, THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. THE GENIUSES AT THE APPLE STORE CANT HELP, NO ONE THERE USES FCP X.

PERHAPS SOME ONE OUT THERE CAN HELP FIGURE THIS OUT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP OR INPUT

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:45 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 10:37 AM in response to Alchroma

This is an older I Mac 27". The operating system is, OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite. I was trying it out today to edit a video just on the mac, no external drives and as soon as the camera download started it quit, and gave me the error message. The camera I am using at present is a SONY HANDICAM HDR-XR150 HAVE USED THIS CAMERA MANY TIMES, THE OTHER IS A CANON VIXIA HF R21A BOTH CAMERAS ARE USED DURING MY WORK. Standart setting are used for editing during editing work, and standard setting used for import. I save my work on an external hard drive LACIE 3TERABITE BACUP, The second back up is a seagate 2 terabyte , the third is seagate system back up.

I had some problems with an occasional error message during edition on final cut x, so the geniuses at the mac store suggested upgrading to the new operating system, that made little differences to the FCP X operation. This all started about a year ago, slowly working its self in to the system, I did all the proper downloads in FCP X as required, now its impossible to get any work done, and I have customers waiting for their finished products.

also I noticed a slow down when rendering the videos for DVD transfer.

I hope that this information can help resolve the problem. I am getting way behind in my work.

Again, thanks in advance for any help or assistance that can be rendered. Just one note... although I am good at editing, I know very little about set ups and fixing computer problems.... In this area I am a dud.

George

FCP X SHUTS DOWN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.