Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java SE 6 runtime

I am trying to load Java SE 6 on my mac running Yosemite in support of Blurb. The current apple support sites I've been directed to are not helpful or the sites are no longer available. I could use some help.

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 11:48 AM

Java for OS X 2014-001

7 replies

Feb 28, 2015 11:54 AM in response to Lee1105

Lee

A quick google site search - [ java se 6 yosemite site:support.apple.com ] yields this top hit > Get Java for your Mac - Apple Support

Get Java for your Mac
Download Java for OS X directly from Oracle.
Get the latest version
If an app or webpage you want to use asks you to install Java software, you can download the current version of Java for OS X directly from Oracle's website.
Note: You can also download legacy Java SE 6 from Apple if you’re using an app that specifically requires this unsupported, out-of-date version.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified: Dec 16, 2014

From Oracle

----

Mac OS X Version 10.7.3 (Lion) or newer

Java 7 and later versions can run on your Mac. Oracle Java (Version 7 and later versions) requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or later and administrator privileges for installation.
» Information about installing and using Oracle Java on Mac
» Download Java Mac OS X Version 10.7.3 (Lion) or newer

ÇÇÇ

Java SE 6 runtime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.