Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange fix for export problems

Hi gang,

I recently updated my iMovie library to the most recent version (10.0.6). I'm on Yosemite with a MacPro. I've been trying to export my projects to the Theatre with little success. Mostly the export would appear in the Theatre, but no progress would be made in generating the movie files and uploads. Sometimes I would get a "this is null" error. After reading through some advice on this forum, I've found a convoluted workflow that seems to work (more testing necessary). I select a project, then share it to the Theatre. Then I quit iMovie and let it stop background tasks (sometimes it crashes at this point). Then I reboot the computer and reopen iMovie. When it restarts, it seems to have a much higher likelihood of actually generating the movie files (although there is no indicator of progress at top-right). I have to manually click on the icon to upload to iCloud, and that progress bar never reaches 100% even though the movies are completely uploaded to iCloud.

If I try to do this by any other workflow, I can't get i

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:24 AM

There are no replies.

Strange fix for export problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.