Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I migrate files to Mac from PC using iCloud?

We have just got an iMac and I have been trying to migrate files etc. from our old PC using Migration Assistant, but to no avail. PC says Mac is trying to connect, Mac says it has found PC but that is as far as I can get! Has anyone any suggestion? I am not at all used to Mac, having had PCs for the last 18 years, but I use iPad and iPhone as does my husband, and so we wanted to treat ourselves, expecting we would be able to link up easily with these items. I'm sure it will be, if I ever manage to get our files transferred! Our son suggested it might be possible to use iCloud but I have seen nothing to suggest that - would it be possible?

Please can anyone advise?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:50 AM

I don't think using iCloud would work because there is no storage there expect for Mac files. If you can't get Migration Assistant to work, you can copy the files to an external dive and then to the Mac,

Migration Assistant

Migration Assistant (2)

3 replies

Can I migrate files to Mac from PC using iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.