Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation fails mobile device service fails to start

I have tried uninstalling several times. Downloaded a version of iTunes from a year ago and I still get the same error msg mobile device service fails to start. I don't feel skilled enough to start playing with the register. Very annoyed that apple asked me to upgrade and since then I have wasted hours trying to fix this and just seem to get nowhere.

I have tried repair and deleting in the correct order and running as admin etc etc. No luck this is an aweful upgrade apple must be aware there is a problem.

I am on windows 7 64 bit

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 8:29 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 2:37 AM in response to chrisfromlittle sandhurst

Regarding AMDS failures there is a hint in another thread that disabling the Windows Firewall before attempting to reinstall may help, otherwise take a look at the steps outlined in this post. Re: Can't install iTunes 12.1 on Windows 7 64-bit. I know they look a little daunting, but the process of generating the logs themselves isn't that hard to do. Extracting useful information from them is still a challenge but maybe something will leap out. If you want to post the log for the failed component for me to have a look at here or in the other thread please edit out any personal information, particularly your email address, first.

tt2

Installation fails mobile device service fails to start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.