Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store country change - error 5002

this is driving me crazy....
I m trying to change iTunes Store country and every time I go through the process (on macbook air, iphone 6 and iPad mini...always the same result), I get the same message....'cant connect to iTunes Store', 'We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (5002)'.

I have tried everything I could think of and everything I have seen online as possible solution - nothing works. i tried with the old country billing address and card details still in my profile, as well as with the new country billing address and card details. makes no difference.

need some help please!!

thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 8:35 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 11:19 AM in response to piero.politeo

Hello piero.politeo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’re running into an iTunes Store connection issue when trying to change the country of the iTunes Store on your MacBook Air. If you haven’t already, take a look at the article linked below which provides a lot of great information and troubleshooting suggestions.

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support

Ciao,

-Jason

iTunes Store country change - error 5002

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.