Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new Macbook Pro OS X 10.9.5. I'm receiving my kids' texts on this computer. I know how to stop it on my iPhone, but can't find the proper settings to stop receiving texts from their phones on this mac. Help? Thanks.

Have a new Macbook Pro OS X 10.9.5. Receiving my kids' text messages on it. I know how to turn them "off" on my iPhone, but can't figure it out on this computer. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 11:59 AM

Hi cloudnine67,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Congratulations on your recent MacBook Pro purchase! From what I gather, you’re receiving iMessages on the new notebook that were meant for your kid.

This article describes how phone numbers and Apple IDs are linked when used with FaceTime and iMessage on multiple devices. It should help you configure your devices to receive the types of messages that you want them to receive.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

If you and your kid are using the same Apple ID across multiple devices, I suggest creating another Apple ID and setting up Family sharing as described here:

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Take care,

-Jason

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2015 11:59 AM in response to cloudnine67

Hi cloudnine67,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Congratulations on your recent MacBook Pro purchase! From what I gather, you’re receiving iMessages on the new notebook that were meant for your kid.

This article describes how phone numbers and Apple IDs are linked when used with FaceTime and iMessage on multiple devices. It should help you configure your devices to receive the types of messages that you want them to receive.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

If you and your kid are using the same Apple ID across multiple devices, I suggest creating another Apple ID and setting up Family sharing as described here:

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Take care,

-Jason

I have a new Macbook Pro OS X 10.9.5. I'm receiving my kids' texts on this computer. I know how to stop it on my iPhone, but can't find the proper settings to stop receiving texts from their phones on this mac. Help? Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.