Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto download

My iphoto application is stuck. I am trying to download it but it simply says waiting on the "purchases" tab. Can I restart the installation somehow ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:38 AM

cancel it ( you can do this in the launch Pad) and restart it

LN

7 replies

Apr 25, 2015 8:35 PM in response to ingonicole

if you upgrade to 10.3.3 the new Photos app will appear and iPhoto will be present still in your application folder but with a blocked sign over it. If you want it back you have to drag the blocked one to the trash, (not your library only the app) do not empty trash, go to the app store, find your purchases and download iPhoto again. It is no longer available in the app store anywhere else. If you have previously opened Photos it would have asked you to migrate your pictures in to it. This creates another library of pictures. Any changes made in Photos do not reflect in iPhoto and visa versa so unless you want to have a confusing array of edits etc it is probably best to stick to one or the other. I personally am going to stick with iPhoto as having played with Photo a bit I find it lacking in many ways (see the plethora of complaints in these forums) Eventually it may have all the problems sorted but in the mean time its no good for my purposes. My concern is that will future system upgrades disable my iPhoto again and eventually will it be unopenable.

A word of warning I just discovered after writing this

Photos saves disk space by sharing images with your iPhoto or Aperture libraries - Apple Support

iphoto download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.