Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't create any new reminders on my iPhone 5S with iOS 8.

Hi.

I have a 16 GB iPhone 5S with iOS 8.1.3. The problem I have is that I can't create any new reminders, at all. The problem started with my iPhone 4 (which I had before this phone), and I was using iOS 7 when the problem arose (but it didn't start immediately after I switched to iOS 7).

One day when I had the iPhone 4, I noticed that all my reminders had disappeared, and that I couldn't create any mew ones because the New List + button is grayed out. I didn't try to fix it until I got my 5S. I got to the "Scheduled" list and was able to type in a reminder (I thought I was a genius). But then when the time I'd set for the reminder actually came around, nothing happened, and when I checked Reminders, the reminder I'd entered was gone.

I tried using Siri to set a reminder but she said she couldn't.

I've tried Googling it, but it just says to press the + button to make a new list, and then start typing.

I recently got a MacBook Air which I synced up to my phone, and all my old reminders from my iPhone 4 are there, and I can create new reminders. Except they don't show up on my phone (which I think they're supposed to do, right?). They do show up on my computer, though.

I've taken to emailing myself things I need to remember, which is fine, I guess, but sometimes they get buried in my inbox.

Any help would be fantastic!

Also, if you'd like me to clarify anything, I'm happy to do so because I don't know how much sense this makes.

Thanks so much!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 8:47 AM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2015 9:38 AM in response to frogs13

I have exactly the same problem. I discovered it yesterday.

I have a 16 GB iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2, just to note that we both are using different devices and different iOS versions. I will add here some screenshots of the problem.

1. Main view of the application when opened (the only tappable elements here are the search bar and the clock icon on the top):

User uploaded file

2. Result of tapping the search bar and searching for an existing reminder:
    • User uploaded file
    • User uploaded file
  3. Result of tapping the clock for showing scheduled reminders:

User uploaded file

Mar 28, 2015 1:26 PM in response to pedropobla

I solved it. It seemed to be an issue with the way iCloud sync works.

This is what I did:

1. I deleted my iCloud account from my iPhone (Settings > iCloud > Delete Account).
  2. I opened the Reminders app and created a new reminder in the default list.
  3. I signed in with my iCloud account again (Settings > iCloud).
  4. And selected Merge when asked if I wanted to merge my local reminders with the ones I have in iCloud:

User uploaded file

Note 1: This is the solution that worked for me after trying many different things. Although I hope it will work for someone else with the same (strange) problem, it is not guaranteed.

Note 2: The screenshot attached in this message has been edited with a placeholder email to avoid revealing my real email address 🙂

May 20, 2015 2:37 PM in response to frogs13

Okay so the problem is fixed now. I didn't do anything on purpose, so I can't tell you how to definitely fix the problem. What happened was this: I made a reminder on my 11-inch Macbook Air (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2) and set a time for it to go off. (Note: this whole time, all of my reminders have synced to this computer and I've always been able to create new reminders on this computer; they just wouldn't sync to my phone). When that time came, my computer made some noise and my phone also vibrated. When I looked at my phone, that reminder was there, as well as all of my old reminders, including completed ones. I am now able to make new lists and new reminders.

I don't know how or why they're working now but I'm sooooo happy!!!!!!

I can't create any new reminders on my iPhone 5S with iOS 8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.