Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't signing in my Apple ID on Ipod touch gen 4 ios 5.1.1

I have a ipod touch gen 4 32 Gb running IOS 5.1.1

Because of IOS 6 very lag on Ipod touch 4g so I don't update FW

When I sign in my Apple ID for Facetime , Imes and App store, I get error : Must update IOS

I don't have other Apple ID so pls help me? I can't use Facetime, Imes and restore my purchased app.

Tks so much and sorry for my bad English

iPod touch, iOS 5.1, 32Gb

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:25 AM

FaceTIme will not work unlrss you update the 4G to 6.1.6, the last update for the 4G

Unable to make or receive FaceTime calls after April 16, 2014

Why can't you re tore you purchased apps?

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 10:32 AM in response to lllaass

Dear IIIaass

Tks for help me

So no other way to using imess and facetime on ios 5.1.1 I really want to use imess 😟

About purchased apps: Because I can't use my Apple ID to log in appstore ( and Setting - Stores too ) I get a error: Require update IOS

I search on internet, maybe old account which created few years ago can sign in on I devices using old IOS version.

So pls help me: Imessage and App store

Feb 28, 2015 10:51 AM in response to PCIpod4

Can you transfer the apps to your computer by:

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

Can you sign into your account on the computer?

FT requires iOS 6.1.6 on your iPod since Apple changed their FT servers and you must have 6.1.6 to connect.

It might be similar for other services too but I do not know of any other recent posts of 4G iPod still running 5.1.1

Can't signing in my Apple ID on Ipod touch gen 4 ios 5.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.