Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacMini,OS,Lion,10.7.5,,dual,boot,with W7,Ultimate

I have to repair W7, some registry settings are bad.

My question is: is it posible to repair the W7 part, without formating and new install it ?

I would use the MAC, but my wife refused to change her style 🙂 what can I do ?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), null

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:34 AM

11 replies

Feb 28, 2015 9:48 AM in response to imaami

imaami wrote:

I have to repair W7, some registry settings are bad.

My question is: is it posible to repair the W7 part, without formating and new install it ?

Yes. It is possible to Repair Registry settings. Is W7 bootable at this point?

I would use the MAC, but my wife refused to change her style 🙂 what can I do ?

There is not much assistance that the Apple Support Community can provide on this matter. 😉. We can provide only technical support, based on ASC ToU.

Feb 28, 2015 11:25 AM in response to imaami

to Loner T

in my opinion it was not a case with the updates W7.

I am using a NAS 500TB as an external drive, and 3 other PC on the local net ( home )

After some suddenly power crashing in the house the main Router ahs to be changed.

Only the MiniMac was on power. The rest of maschines ( other W7, a Linux Mint notebook, an Ipad ! were not touched.

Now the sharing and local network function on Mac Mini are out of order.

I started the Mac on Apple OS, all is running well even the sharings, the NAS is visible.

So far my experiences 🙂

Feb 28, 2015 12:16 PM in response to imaami

Usually, the main router acts a server which distributes IP addresses via DHCP. If it crashes or has to be rebooted, there is no record of IP addresses assigned to the machines. Each machine that joins the network has to request it again. The Mac mini will also request an IP address, if asked, in System Preferences -> Network. A reboot will also execute the same function. If the W7 on Mac mini was not rebooted, or the IP address was not renewed then the W7 on Mini would have a possible address conflict causing network traffic problems.

Switching between OS X and Windows is the same as a reboot.

Mar 1, 2015 7:14 PM in response to imaami

On the OS X side, visibility is configured using System Preferences -> Sharing. On the Windows side, if you know the IP addresses of the devices you want to "see", can you ping them? This will show that at least network connectivity exists. Protocol level connectivity can be debugged next. Usually, Windows Firewall causes issues with sharing resources. Has this sharing worked in the past? If yes, and since you router was replaced, is it blocking ports which allow sharing to work.

You may also want to look at TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support.

MacMini,OS,Lion,10.7.5,,dual,boot,with W7,Ultimate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.