Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restart an Extreme over the internet?

I have an extreme out at my Lake house and I need to restart it from my primary residence. I think I have it configure right with a URL, Host name, user name and pw with the configure over the internet option checked.

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:36 AM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Yunks21

Thanks you both for your responses. That was very kind of you to do so. I am having a difficult time getting past the reading settings screen once the WAN address is entered. and I get a "An error occurred while reading the configuration." message after about 5 minutes. Maybe I have the wrong WAN address or do I need to register the WAN address with an IP provider?

Mar 1, 2015 10:57 AM in response to Yunks21

You can quickly ascertain what your WAN IP address is for your AirPort Extreme using the AirPort Utility, as follows:

• Start the AirPort Utility.
  • Select your AirPort Extreme.
  • Note in the pop-up window the value for IP address. This should be the WAN IP address. Note: It should NOT be an address starting with 10, 172, or 192. If it's not one of these, please DO NOT post it. If it is, then your AirPort is behind another router or your ISP is not providing you with a Public IP address.

How do I restart an Extreme over the internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.