Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i reset my phone to factory settings and its saying that my icloud account cant be used to unlock the phone

I reset my phone to factory setting and once I had done it I tried to set up my phone. and then it asked for the icloud account that was used to set up the phone and when I entered the information it said " this account cant be used to unlock this phone"

any suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2, wont work

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:49 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 10:50 AM in response to abbidavis00

If you're the device's original owner, take the device and its original purchase receipt to a physical Apple Store.

If not, but you're able to contact the person who set the lock, send them this link and tell them to follow its instructions.

If neither of the above applies, you can't activate the device but may be able to get it refunded. Apple won't remove the lock for anyone other than the original owner(assuming they're alive.)

(123259)

i reset my phone to factory settings and its saying that my icloud account cant be used to unlock the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.