Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchased iBook (on Mac) does not show up on iPhone

I purchased a brand new (made for iBooks) iBook on my Mac - through the iBooks app. It downloaded and I am reading it.

When I went to iBooks in my iPhone, this new title is nowhere to be found. I am looking in the "not on my iPhone" tab, so I am looking at my online iCloud iBooks account - under "purchased". But it's missing from there. How can that be???

Yes, I am using the same Apple ID on both devices - and "sync everything" is selected on both devices, but this is not about syncing between devices - it's about not being able to see a book in my online iCloud iBooks account.

Here is what's strange. I have purchased 5 books total over time. When I took a look at the actual files in my iBooks library, 4 of them are .epub files and the newly purchased one is the only .ibooks file in my library. And that's the one that's not showing up when I look at purchased titles on my iPhone.

What's going on here?

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 11:17 PM

Books created in iBooks Author can only be read in the iBooks app on Mac computers and iPads, they can't be read on smaller-screened devices (iPhones and iPod Touch) - a book's description page in the store should say what devices that it's compatible with.

1 reply

purchased iBook (on Mac) does not show up on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.