Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 MacBook pro with new battery discharges in sleep mode in 60 minutes

I have recently had my 2011 13" MacBook Pro battery replaced, and now, intermittently (about 1 out of 15~20 times) when I close the lid (putting it into sleep mode) the battery is fully discharged when I open it about 1 hour later? And it only starts charging when plugged in - it won't even switch on if it is not connected to a power source - but then it goest to 100% charged in about 20 minutes. The other times when I close the lid to travel, usually at about 90+% charged, it resumes exactly at that point (almost fully charged) when I open the lid 1, or even 2 or 3 hours later. Also, when this happens, and during the approximately 20 minutes it takes to go to a full charge, the machine is very slow. Any ideas / advice? Thanks in advance, JM.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:41 AM

Hi. You could try a SMC reset. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295 If this does not help, you may have a defective battery..Where did you buy this battery from? Did it come from the apple store?

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 10:13 AM in response to johanmvanzyl

Hi. Macbook batteries have a memory in them that tells the charging system the health, charge rate and cycle count as well as voltage ,amps and such. So you can go to about this mac/systems/power and get that info. It takes longer than 20 minutes to charge a fully depleted battery unless some of the cels are bad.You can also use the option key while clicking on the battery icon to see battery health.

2011 MacBook pro with new battery discharges in sleep mode in 60 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.