Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Application Support 64-Bit Installation Help!

I couldn't launch my iTunes because the Apple Application Support was not found. So I extracted the iTunes setup with winrar so I can install the AAS 64-bit BUT! the whole "policy8.0microsoft...." message popped up and they said my system has not been modified. What should I do? PLEASEE HELP!

Sony Vaio-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:29 AM

24 replies

Jan 10, 2017 6:05 PM in response to turingtest2

turingtest2,

I understand your username reference to alan turing. Your answer was very helpful to me. I simply downloaded the links, installed them, reinstalled iTunes, and it worked! however, I found the application vcredist_IA64 wasn't needed/helpful and didn't work. The other two were helpful though, so I just wanted to say thank you very much for that. I had been working all day to install iTunes on my computer.

Mar 1, 2015 12:06 PM in response to AmalOsmera

Howdy AmalOsmera,

If you are having an issue with launching iTunes on your Windows computer, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues - Apple Support

If it turns out you need to uninstall and reinstall iTunes, please follow the directions on this page -

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Note - it is important that the steps be performed in exactly the order specified in this article.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Mar 3, 2015 5:35 AM in response to AmalOsmera

There is a hint in another thread that disabling the Windows Firewall before attempting to reinstall may help, otherwise take a look at the steps outlined in this post. Re: Can't install iTunes 12.1 on Windows 7 64-bit. I know they look a little daunting, but the process of generating the logs themselves isn't that hard to do. Extracting useful information from them is still a challenge but maybe something will leap out. If you want to post the log for the failed component for me to have a look at here or in the other thread please edit out any personal information, particularly your email address, first.

tt2

May 19, 2016 2:03 AM in response to Arnold0007

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitecture=..." may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for further advice if required.

tt2

Apple Application Support 64-Bit Installation Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.