Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove ibooks app

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyway to remove ibooks, podcasts and tips app from my ipod touch/ipad. After doing the last update these are all on there and cannot see anyway to remove them, they take up a lot of memory and we don't use them.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:04 AM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2015 3:09 PM in response to lllaass

What happens when touch and hold an app? They all should start to wiggle and ones that can be deleted will have a circled X in a corner. Tap the X to delete that app. There can be a Restriction set that prevent deleting apps. Settings>General>Restrictions

Have tried touch and hold to remove the app but these do not have a circled X in the corner to be able to delete. I have also just checked my Restrictions settings and it is off.

<Link Edited By Host>

Feb 28, 2015 3:31 PM in response to shellyb123

shellyb123 wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyway to remove ibooks, podcasts and tips app from my ipod touch/ipad. After doing the last update these are all on there and cannot see anyway to remove them, they take up a lot of memory and we don't use them.

Those are system Apps, part of the iOS. You cannot remove or install System Apps. They take up very little room and can be moved to a screen page behind regularly used Apps.

Cheers

Pete

remove ibooks app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.