Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded pages. Now when I begin a new document I automatically have a text box. How do I get rid of the text box so that it does not automatically appear. What settings do I need to change?

I upgraded pages. Now when I begin a new document I automatically have a text box. How do I get rid of the text box so that it does not automatically appear. What settings do I need to change?

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 11:37 AM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2015 11:53 AM in response to cbeaird

You probably created a custom template that has a Text box in it, and via Pages preferences > General, you have configured Pages to Use template, rather than Show Template Chooser. Open that custom template and remove the Text box. Then Save As Template… again. Give it a temporary name of temp. Select the original that has the Text box in it, and delete it. Now rename the temp template to the name of the custom template that you just deleted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.