Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort can"t be installed on this disk. The version of Mac OS X on this volume is not supported. Can anyone help me out?

AirPort can"t be installed on this disk. The version of Mac OS X on this volume is not supported. Can anyone help me out?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:25 AM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2017 9:23 PM in response to pacificstorm82

You will need up update the firmware on the Tim Capsule in order for it to work on newer operating systems.

Unfortunately, to update the firmware, you will need.....or be able to borrow.....an older version of AirPort Utility on a Mac running Leopard (10.5.x) or Snow Leopard (10.6.x). A PC with AirPort Utility for Windows installed on the device should work as well.

Once the firmware has been updated, then the Time Capsule will operate on current and recent Mac operating systems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.