Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble upgrading my apps.

this is his grandmother and when i hit update all it says "your apple ID has been disabled". We had trouble with clash of clans and really had a mess getting it straightened out but we didn't have the apple ID disabled.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:11 AM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2015 11:01 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

You are using a different Apple ID for those apps, mostlikely. You have to reset the password for that Apple ID any way because it's locked out for security reasons. Save yourself the trouble delete the app from the other ID and download it under your current one. Even if the app costs $1 how much is you time worth? If it's free it is a no brain-er. Delete and redownload

Feb 28, 2015 11:36 AM in response to damaag

I'm not using the wrong Apple ID for anything, so I don't know why you are addressing me.

And nothing yet about the OP's post has indicated that they are using multiple Apple IDs.

Perhaps we should wait to get more information from the OP before making suggestions such as deleting the app and redownloading it? Especially since deleting an app usually deletes it's associated data, which could mean starting all over from square one, and potentially losing the value of any in-app purchases that were made?

Mar 1, 2015 3:48 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

Sorry I tapped the wrong arrow to reply. They did say it was some one else's account. If someone can't update an app they will lose access to it if they can't reset the password for the Apple ID. Is it smart to keep putting time and money into an app they will lose? Your link is great if it's the same account or they know what account it is linked to. If not then what?

I am having trouble upgrading my apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.