Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s dictation in greek not working

I have an iPhone 5s and it is updated to IOS 8.1.3

Up to now I have been using dictation with great results. For two days now when using the english dictation everything works fine but when trying to speak Greek to it nothing comes up - even after waiting minutes the circle keeps turning but nothing appears.

we assumed it had to do with our wifi connection but even on 4G it still doesn't work. The weird thing is that my husbands' iPhone also a 5s, is having the same problem. But when a friend came over to our house and used her own 4s it was working perfectly...

We tried turning dictation on and off that didn't work either.

does anyone have a solution to this problem?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 11:50 AM

3 replies

Aug 8, 2015 12:39 AM in response to zakkaf

Even thought this thread has been opened in a wrong place (/iPad/Using iPad), I need to express my frustration on the issue described here.

Voice dictation is a great feature of the iPhone and was working flawlessly for me, both in English and in Greek. The latest months however, voice dictation in Greek has stopped working on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4. While on the same WiFi network, my wife's iPhone 5c responds perfectly on Greek dictation. I have opened a case with Apple about this (case# 825083791) since the end of June and still haven't gotten any reply.

During troubleshooting over the phone, I got to close all apps, restart the iphone with sleep/wake&home button pressed, disable/enable dictation, erase the Greek language in keyboards, I even made a full restore and still Greek voice dictation doesn't work.

iPhone 5s dictation in greek not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.