Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my name/password as administrator? I have changed info in Preferences -User Groups but my name still shows up elsewhere,

I have a Mini (late 2009) w/OSX Snow Leopard which I am selling as I bought a new Mini. On startup my legal name/computer appears with an old password. I have changed the user name/password in Preferences - User Groups but this has not changed elsewhere. For instance: the Home file on the Desktop shows my first name and Home. I have not found where I can delete this info which I want to do before selling it. Thanks in advance for your Help! CABJR

Mac mini (Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 1:12 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 5:16 PM in response to CABJR

CABJR,

You can probably get a 10.6.3 install disk from Apple for about $20.00 which will allow you to do the "wipe". This would be the easiest way and the the most ethical way to set this up to sell it. You can the upgrade it to 10.6.8 as well a offer the buyer the easiest way to maintain the purchase.

That being said, you can also obtain an original install disk and perform the a fore mentioned steps, you need to call Apple in either scenario to get an install disk. You should have the serial number of your MacMini handy so that you get the correct build for the original install. You may also get get the 10.6.3 retail install disk and do the upgrade and then sell it.

I would just get the original install disk, as it will allow the new user to follow which ever path they wish to take. You will need the disk in either scenario to "clean/wipe" the machine, and allow the new user a fair deal.Ad the the price to the sale. Which you you should DEFIANTLY do this to protect yourself.

IMHO

Hope this helps

Contact Apple regarding this at the following:

1-800-275-2273

How do I change my name/password as administrator? I have changed info in Preferences -User Groups but my name still shows up elsewhere,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.