Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow charging time. Charging with 2.3 watts

Hi.

I have cleaned everything after someone spilled coca-cola on my macbook air 13" mid 2013.

After cleaning with isopropanol all components works, even did a full reinstall of yosemite.

But the charging time is extremely long. From 2% to 100% it took over 20 hours. According to batteryhealth it is charging with 2.3 watts.

Yes I have tried other chargers with the same result.

I changed the I/O board cable and suddently it charged with full power. But the next day when inserting the charger it is charging slow again with 2.3 watts.

So... are there any fuses I can change?

Or is it the battery that needs to be changed? Battery age 1.7 years, cycles 93, original max 7150mAh, health 95%.

But the health got to 99% when the charger was charging full. Now it is back to 95% when charging with 2.3 watts.

Taking it to a repair shop wont do any good...because one of the LSI indicators on the logic board is red. Yes I have reset SMC.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:13 AM

Interesting.. I disconnected the battery before going to bed, then it had about 70%.

This morning I connected the battery and inserted the charger. I noticed that the charger was giving 44W with a monitor, the app "battery health" also showed full charging speed. After a few minutes it decreased to 2.4 watts again. :/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2015 6:13 AM in response to BigDrago

Interesting.. I disconnected the battery before going to bed, then it had about 70%.

This morning I connected the battery and inserted the charger. I noticed that the charger was giving 44W with a monitor, the app "battery health" also showed full charging speed. After a few minutes it decreased to 2.4 watts again. :/

Slow charging time. Charging with 2.3 watts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.