Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to load Windows 7 ultimate on MacBook

I have not been able to install Windows 7 using the Boot camp application. I have two Windows disc 32 and 64 bit. Does not matter which I put in. Boot camp shows it is loading, but then takes me to a light black screen with a blinking curser and nothing happens other than locking up. I am logged in under administrator in users and it does not matter which user I am. When I reboot using the option key held down it shows Mac hard drive, Mac Restore and then Windows. Click on Windows and back to the light black screen. Then I reboot again and go to Boot Camp and it says do I want to uninstall Windows. I pick yes. When I try to partition I use 125gb, but it's almost like the computer is not partitioning at all. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 11:37 AM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2015 7:02 AM in response to u2canfreefall

You will need the Windows DVD and a USB2 flash drive (for BC drivers). Please do not use a USB3 flash disk, because the Windows installer has no USB3 drivers. The USB3 drivers come from the Apple BC Drivers.

These should be helpful

Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems - Apple Support

How to install Windows using Boot Camp - Apple Support

https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/mac/5.0/help/#/bcmp173b3bf2

Trying to load Windows 7 ultimate on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.