Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ring tone did not transfer to my new iphone 6

my ringtone that I use on my iPhone 4s did not transfer to my new iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 1:08 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 1:47 PM in response to gr4nd1

Greetings gr4nd1,

If you purchased ringtones from the Tones section of the iTunes Store, the tone will also be stored in your "Settings > Sounds" section. You can assign it directly from your phone. You can find more information in the 'Tones' section of the following article:

iTunes: Using the iTunes Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Tones

You can't purchase ringtones and alert tones from your computer, but you can purchase them using your iOS device with iOS 5 or later. You can purchase tones on iPad, iPhone (3GS or later), and iPod touch (4th generation or later).

To locate tones in iTunes on an iOS device:

1. Tap the iTunes Store app.
  2. Tap Tones. If Tones isn't visible, tap More > Tones.
  3. Browse for tones. Once you purchase a tone, a dialog appears.
  4. Choose to set your new tone as your default ringtone or assign it to a contact. If you don't want to do anything with the tone, tap Done.
  5. Tones you purchase using your iOS device sync to your iTunes library when you connect your device to your computer. You can find tones on your device in Settings > Sounds.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

my ring tone did not transfer to my new iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.