Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to erase songs on shuffle gen 2

I have iPod shuffle 2nd generation. I would like to know how to delete old downloads so I can download new ones. Thanks

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 1:54 PM

Hey linda_dukesgirl,

The resource below will explain how to remove items from your iPod shuffle and sync new media from your computer.

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19458?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Remove items from your device

Make sure your device is connected, then do one of the following:

Remove an item that was synced automatically: Do any of the following, then sync your device:

• Deselect the checkbox for the item in your iTunes library, and select “Sync only checked [items]” in the Summary pane.

• If the item was added because it’s part of a synced playlist, remove the item from the playlist.

• Change your sync settings to keep the item from being synced.

Remove an item that was added manually or using Autofill: Click On My Device, select an item (or items), press the Delete key, and click Delete.

The types of content you can sync depends on your device. For more information, see the documentation for your device.

Important: Before disconnecting iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod shuffle from your computer, click the Eject button.

Cheers,

Judy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2015 1:54 PM in response to linda_dukesgirl

Hey linda_dukesgirl,

The resource below will explain how to remove items from your iPod shuffle and sync new media from your computer.

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19458?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Remove items from your device

Make sure your device is connected, then do one of the following:

Remove an item that was synced automatically: Do any of the following, then sync your device:

• Deselect the checkbox for the item in your iTunes library, and select “Sync only checked [items]” in the Summary pane.

• If the item was added because it’s part of a synced playlist, remove the item from the playlist.

• Change your sync settings to keep the item from being synced.

Remove an item that was added manually or using Autofill: Click On My Device, select an item (or items), press the Delete key, and click Delete.

The types of content you can sync depends on your device. For more information, see the documentation for your device.

Important: Before disconnecting iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod shuffle from your computer, click the Eject button.

Cheers,

Judy

how to erase songs on shuffle gen 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.