Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13" Macbook Pro Retina (2014) Display has Uneven Colors/Backlight/White-Balance

I recently purchased a new 13" Macbook Pro Retina (2014) for school. Within 24 hours of owning it, I noticed that my display has a noticeably uneven white balance. The left side of the display, to my eyes, is considerably pinker and dimmer than the rest of the display. I'm pretty upset, to say the least, since this is not something I expected given Apple's stellar reputation in regards to hardware.

Apparently this isn't an uncommon issue, as I was able to find this thread about the 2013 Retina Macbooks that discusses similar problems to what I am having.

So my question is, are any of you having the same issue? Is this common enough that I shouldn't expect a replacement to be any better? It's really only noticeable when I'm in a white/gray window that spans the whole screen (which is unfortunate since I read a lot of articles), so I can live with it if trying to get it fixed will be too much of a hassle.

I should also mention that I took it to an Apple Genius Bar to get looked at, and all three employees who looked at it couldn't see the problem. While I do believe that they couldn't see it, it was still relatively surprising since it's so obvious to me.

If anyone can offer any insight to this problem, I would love to hear it.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 1:33 PM

2 replies

13" Macbook Pro Retina (2014) Display has Uneven Colors/Backlight/White-Balance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.