Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find what is taking up all the space in my iMovie library?

If I find the my iMovie library in Finder, it's total size is a reported 15.59GB and, as far as I can tell, I cannot open it in Finder to see what files are taking up that space.

User uploaded file

If I look at my iMovie library in iMovie, it apparently contains one event, which contains one movie.

User uploaded file

If I select the move as then go to File -> Reveal in Finder, I can see all the folders and files associated with the event and they come to a grand total of 5.95 GB.

User uploaded file

So, how do I find out what movies, clips or projects are taking up the other ~ 10GB in the iMovie library folder?

I'm using iMovie 10.0.5

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 12:16 PM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2015 7:05 PM in response to GeeD

When I did that, I could still only see the same contents as shown in the third screenshot above. However, minutes after doing the "Show package contents", iMovie seems to have figured out that it didn't have 15GB of data in its library after all and updated its size accordingly. So, problem solved for now but I still find iMovie to be painful to use and I will probably avoid doing so as much as I can.

How do I find what is taking up all the space in my iMovie library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.