Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplex printing with Apple

I have a hard time getting used to the MacOS. This is my second day. Have a printing question. My printer is Epson Stylus Photo 820FWD, which supports automatic duplex, has 6 inks, can print photos and make coffee.

I am used to printing from Windows and Linux both supporting duplex features of my device and also a host of quality settings - high DPIs and color management.

I think something is lacking in my printer now on MacOS. The only THREE options I got are paper size, paper type and quality (bad and worse). I wasted some paper already trying to figure out if duplex or anything actually is supported.

The question is, am I supposed to have a Windows running in a Virtualbox in order to print something from a Mac?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 1:52 PM

You might be well served by asking Epson. Another route is to make sure you have the most current printer driver for your setup. Additionally, print options are sometimes concealed in dropdown boxes, something I believe to be printer dependent, rather than being Apple entities. Be patient with yourself. And no, you do not need Windows running anywhere to print from your Mac.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2015 1:52 PM in response to anydoby

You might be well served by asking Epson. Another route is to make sure you have the most current printer driver for your setup. Additionally, print options are sometimes concealed in dropdown boxes, something I believe to be printer dependent, rather than being Apple entities. Be patient with yourself. And no, you do not need Windows running anywhere to print from your Mac.

Mar 1, 2015 2:17 AM in response to anydoby

It's no trouble. That's what these forums are for. The thing to remember now you have a Mac is that "If you think it ought to do it, 99% certain it can do it. And, once you find it you'll wonder why you never found it before." These things usually hide in plain sight.

I converted from M$ and spent a little while in frustrated M$ style hair pulling out. Then I relaxed, wished I'd had a Mac from the start, and found that, mostly, I could work out how to do stuff.

Keep asking when you are frustrated. Someone will come along who knows the answer, or can point you in the right direction.

Duplex printing with Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.