Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage Band displays error message in Safe Boot

The old issue. When booting into Safe Mode, on launching Garage Band an alert pops up notifying me that "selected driver (~10200) was not found". My Mac came with Lion pre-installed, however since I upgraded to Mavericks after a week of owning it, I didn't have a chance to experience this issue, however in Mavericks both GB v6 and GN v.10 displayed this message when running the System in Safe Boot. I reinstalled Mavericks from scratch, then reset my Mac to factory. I'm now currently on Lion (native OS X) after 15 months again, am fully satisfied with its performance, I have installed iLife'11 from the retailer DVD, then updated via Software Update utility and - partially - via Apple's Updates pages to the latest possible version of iLife'11. However when I started up in Safe Mode GB 6.0.5 still displays that message. I started a thread some time ago while using Mavericks and it was suggested by some users that it has smth to do with kexts. However now, after reseting to factory and subsequent installs of iLife'11 suite and updates I wonder if that message is somehow related to the procedure of Garage Band 6.0.5 update? I remember that after performing internet recovery and then installing iLife'11 from the DVD I ran Software Update Utility: it clearly detected all installed software but among suggested updates the one for GarageBand 6.0.5 was greyed out: it had the box unticked and impossible to click.

So, would like to hear some thoughts of yours on the subject. It doesn't make me any obstacles as of now using Garage Band but is definitely annoying.

All the best,

I.S.

Mac OS X (10.7.5), MacBook Pro 15.4 mid-2012

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 2:29 PM

1 reply

Garage Band displays error message in Safe Boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.