Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 2 deleted, cannot contact original owner

Hello,

Just new to Apple products, I have purchased a second-hand iPad mini 2 from a retailer,

then I discovered that the iPad mini was linked to an iCloud account, then I tried to replace the previous ID with mine by deleting the device,

then I realised that the previous ID became like this: "l***********e.gmail.com", after searching for a solution found that the unique way to restore my iPad is to contact the original owner to have them remove this device from their iCloud account.

Please, how can I find the owner ID to contact them, otherwise is there any other solution to make my iPad work properly ?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3, iPad Mini 2 retina

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 12:56 PM

2 replies

iPad mini 2 deleted, cannot contact original owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.