Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

jdblackbox warning intercepts Safari browser operation

All of a sudden when I click on activation of my Safari browser, a pop up window from

jdblackbox.*** comes up with several warning windows which originate from

Symantec's Norton. Can't get rid of windows and it grey out all my options to delete

or remove. It is locked into my Safari browser and only way I can get rid of it is

to force quit. When I retry to open my Duck Duck browser, same thing happens.

<Link Edited By Host>

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7), null

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 12:39 PM

4 replies

Mar 19, 2015 8:29 AM in response to kimness13

Depending on what OS version you are using either Safari/Reset Safari and Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test.

For 10.10, Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site.

Mar 19, 2015 8:39 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for replying. 🙂 I don't know which version Safari by number, but it's the latest one. Can open the program, but it's immediately seized, opening up with all the tabs when this started. Can drop down the menu, but unable to select any options. Preferences either grayed out, or dark but when I try to click it, it dings, the "can't" sound of not being on that page. I'm ready to schedule an appt at the Genius Bar, though it would be lovely to find a fix here, save me two hours drive. Another way to clear the cache through finder? Restore to a prior set point? OS X is Yosemite 10.10.2

OH! On another Apple Support page I found a link to AdWareMedic and it found and removed the malware! Yay! I have Safari back!

jdblackbox warning intercepts Safari browser operation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.