Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it say my music is on a locked disc?

I re-installed iTunes on a computer that had maintenance performed on it to remove adware, etc. After iTunes installed, it said my music was on a locked disc.

Windows 8

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 3:30 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 6:02 PM in response to paulblackstock

If iTunes was working previously then it is possible that the preference file that records the location of your library has been corrupted. Clicking the icon to launch iTunes then immediately press and hold down the shift key. Keep holding until asked to choose or create a library. Click choose then browse to and open your iTunes Library.itl file, normally found in <User's Music>\iTunes.

Alternatively see Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows if there really is a permissions issue or Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash in case the library itself is damaged.

tt2

Why does it say my music is on a locked disc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.