Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a new iPad last month and set up through iCloud. Still have a message on my screen that it is still restoring from iCloud. How do I get it to complete other than having to rest me start again?

I Got a new iPad last month and sent up in the usually way and syncd to iCloud. However it has ever since shown a comment saying:

Restoring from from I cloud backup

i I have no idea how to get it to complete. Or do I need to re-set and start again?

Help!

iPad Air

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 1:34 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 1:40 PM in response to Siany25

Where do you see this message? I know it can take a few hours to restore from an iCloud backup if you had lots of apps, data, movies, camera roll photos etc on it, but it should not take days and daus to finish.

Have you restarted or reset your iPad since you got it? Not the reset that you are talking about - I mean the system reset. Try either or both and see if the message goes away.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 28, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Siany25

I Have never seen that before or see anybody here ask about it before. That is really odd. Do all of your apps function properly? Does mail work OK? Can you see any apps that say "waiting" under the icons to indicate that they have finished downloading?

One thing that you could try doing is to turn WiFi off for a few minutes, restart the iPad and then turn WiFi on again, or reset your router By unplugging it for about 30 seconds and then plug it in again.

I got a new iPad last month and set up through iCloud. Still have a message on my screen that it is still restoring from iCloud. How do I get it to complete other than having to rest me start again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.