Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everytime I get the hang of iMovie they CHANGE it

I don't know when they changed iMovie--I have to assume it's when Yosemite came out. They always seem to coincide, same thing happened with Mavericks or whatever. Is there a tutorial video that can quickly orient me? I don't have time to just experiment and figure it out on my own, and, frankly, I shouldn't have to. When they do a massive re-vamp of a program there should be a new, introductory video or something. I appreciate any help and I know I'm raging. This is just seriously getting old.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 2:22 PM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2015 3:23 PM in response to Icelyn

Are you referring to the change from iMovie 9 to iMovie 10 in December 2013 when Mavericks was the current OS? As you have found, there are a lot of changes - it was a complete rewrite to bring old underlying code up to date. You can still run version 9 (aka iMovie'11) under Yosemite though.

To get to grips with the changes you may find the videos here to be useful: http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/review-2/review-imovie-10-the-2013-release

The iMovie 10 help files are at: http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0/ (though it doe not appear yet to cover all the small changes introduced in version 10.0.6)

Geoff.

May 3, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Icelyn

Same here. It appears that I have a folder for iMovie 9 in applications but nothing happens when I click. I agree on your original post, too, this latest update is horrendous after I really liked 9. I can't even figure out how to start a new project. The only way I can import new footage is to import into an existing folder, no option I can figure out to create a new one. Unfortunately it seems that the iLife suite has been passed over in favor of success in other areas. iWeb was abandoned. It seems this latest iMovie is similar to the ESPN website redesign, ruining something that worked great on an iMac in favor of something that I assume makes it easier for Apple across multiple platforms.

Everytime I get the hang of iMovie they CHANGE it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.