Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite Macbook Pro will not start in safe mode.

I am having the same problem as many Yosemite Macbook Pro users as my screen keeps going black for no apparent reason.

I have sett all the power saving options to "never" so this is not an issue with power saving. The screen just goes black Sometimes I can get the screen to come back on doing any of the following;

Hitting the enter key, Hitting the space bar, Hitting the track pad, Closing and reopening the cover.

Sometimes I just have to shut er down and restart.Some have suggested that restarting in safe mode corrects the issue but my MacBook will not restart in safe mode Many others are reporting this problem as well

Although Apple looks sexier with every update Apple just keeps getting worse with age. I miss my System 9 Macs. :-(

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.4), MacBook / Powerbok G4 / iBook / iMac G3's / Airport Express / As

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 3:25 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 2:17 PM in response to mirvine1

Yosemite has nothing to do with Classic. Please post in the right forum:

http://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2463

Space bar was only for Extensions Manager in the old days. Enter Key does nothing.

Option key will boot the startup manager.

command-R will start the restore partition.

D key will start the hardware test.

There was an issue with certain MacBook Pro graphics chips. That may be affecting you.

Yosemite Macbook Pro will not start in safe mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.