Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Early 2014 Yosemite:Sudden grey screen, spinning wheel and mouse cursor

Hey guys, had a weird issue with my Macbook Air today.

I was cleaning my keyboard and trackpad (with just dry tissue paper), when suddenly my screen goes black, not totally black where it's like shut down, but kind of like grey? And there was the spinning wheel, after that the mouse cursor would pop up for like 1s, and then the wheel and cursor disappears. After 2 seconds, the process repeats again. I wasn't able to do anything, so I had to force restart.

I really have no idea what happened? I did not press any keys, probably only just some mouse clicks on the trackpad. I've been taking very good care of it, haven't dropped it, shut it down when required, not overcharging it. Just got it like 4months back.

Was hoping if someone could shed a light on this? If they know what's going on, or if they experienced it before. Thank you!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 2:05 PM

1 reply

Macbook Air Early 2014 Yosemite:Sudden grey screen, spinning wheel and mouse cursor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.