Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X and Sony Handycam HDR-CX105

I'm thinking of buying Final Cut Pro X, but the list of compatible cameras here:

Cameras supported by Final Cut Pro X - Apple Support

doesn't contain the HDR-CX105 - although it seems to contain literally dozens of other Sony AVCHD cameras.

Does anyone know if this is simply an omission, or does its absence from the list mean that it won't be possible to import directly? I'd rather avoid having to convert files first, especially since Final Cut Pro will now accept AVCHD files.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Lyndon

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 2:52 PM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2015 3:35 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom - there has been a development, of sorts.

I had been recording onto the 32Gb Pro Duo memory stick, and FCP X didn't seem to recognise it. The 'NO NAME' disk that appeared on my desktop would appear to be the camera's internal memory, and that didn't contain any data.

I switched to Internal Memory, recorded a clip and connected the camera again. This time, NO NAME appeared under Cameras, and the MTS clip appeared in the Input window. The trouble is that my internal memory is only 8Gb, which only gives me an hour's recording time. Am I likely to be stuck with this limitation? I have just ordered a USB card reader from Amazon which apparently reads Pro Duo sticks in the hope that that might work...

Many thanks for your prompt help!

Final Cut Pro X and Sony Handycam HDR-CX105

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.