Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to compare 2 folders within Aperture 3

In an effort to manually remove duplicates and consolidate all of my aperture files in to one main library, I've got multiple folders that I need to compare to determine which files are missing from one versus the other. For instance, my file structure within Aperture is...

Folder (2015) > Folder (February) > Project (Trip)

Folder (2015) > Folder (February) > Project (Home)

So in this example. I have two "2015" folders where one is missing 2 files. I'm curious to find out what those files are but sorting manually through thousands of photos and folders is almost impossible. Any suggestions as to how to compare them to show me what 2 files are missing from the one folder that aren't in the other?

iPad, iOS 7.0.6, 4th Gen, 32GB, Verizon LTE

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 2:20 PM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2015 5:08 PM in response to Zathrak

Would side-by-side Browsers help?

With one container selected in the Library Inspector and shown in Browser view, "{option}+click" the name of another container in the Library Inspector to open a second Browser pane.

To compare similar sets of Images, set the Images in each Browser to be the same size. (Pinch and Spread, or use the keyboard shortcuts ⇧[ ("{shift}+{left-bracket}") and ⇧] ("{shift}+{right-bracket}").)

Note that you can use List view in the Browsers, too.

Here is a post illustrating some of the many ways you can set up your Aperture workspace.

HTH,

—Kirby.

How to compare 2 folders within Aperture 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.