Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use locate my i pad mini

How to use locate my ipad mini

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 2:26 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 2:43 PM in response to angeleigh4

Hello angeleigh4,

It seems you would like to learn how to use the location features of iCloud to find an iOS device. The following article will instruct you on how Find My iPhone works:

iCloud: Find My iPhone overview

Find My iPhone helps you locate and protect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac if it’s ever lost or stolen. With Find My iPhone set up on your device , you can do the following:
  • Locate your device on a map

• Play a sound on your device to help you find it

• Use Lost Mode to lock and track your device

Note: If you put your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in Lost Mode and you have credit and debit cards in Passbook for Apple Pay, Find My iPhone attempts to suspend your cards immediately, even if your iPhone is offline.
  • Remotely erase all of your personal information from the device

Note: If you erase your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and you have credit and debit cards in Passbook for Apple Pay, Find My iPhone attempts to remove your cards immediately, even if your iPhone is offline.

If you’re a member of a Family Sharing group, you can also use Find My iPhone to help find and protect your family members’ iOS 8 devices and Mac computers with OS X Yosemite. Family devices and computers must be set up to share their locations with other family members. For more information, see Set up Find My iPhone.

When you set up Find My iPhone, Activation Lock is turned on automatically. Activation Lock makes it harder for anyone to use or sell your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it’s ever lost or stolen. For more information, see the Apple Support article Find My iPhone Activation Lock.

Access Find My iPhone

Access Find My iPhone from any computer at icloud.com/#find, or download and use the free Find My iPhone iOS app. When accessing Find My iPhone from a computer, make sure you use a browser recommended in the Apple Support article System requirements for iCloud.

Apple Support article: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

how to use locate my i pad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.