Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a device on iCloud

I just sold my phone on Ebay and forgot to sign out or delete my information from iCloud. I logged onto the iCloud site and I see my old phone and new one but there is no option for me to delete or disable the old device. I didn't have find my iphone turned on. I reset to factory settings before I sold it but the buyer said to make sure I didn't have my iCloud linked to that phone anymore. Anyone know how I can delete my old device. I've searched on-line everywhere.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 4:36 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 6:24 AM in response to stacey.sanders

Hey stacey.sanders,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you just sold the iPhone. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you no longer have your iOS device

If you didn't follow the steps above before selling or giving away your iOS device:

1. Ask the new owner to erase all content and settings as described above.
  2. If you're using iCloud and Find My iPhone on the device, you can erase the device remotely and remove it from your account by signing in to icloud.com/find, selecting the device, and clicking Erase. When the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. After you erase the device, you'll need to wait 24 hours before you can activate iMessage on your new device.
  3. If you're unable to complete either of the above steps, you should change your Apple ID password. Changing your password won't remove any personal information that is cached on the device, but it will make sure that the new owner can't delete your information from iCloud.
  4. Deregister iMessage if you're switching to a non-Apple phone.

If you're using Apple Pay, you can also remove your credit or debit cards at iCloud.com. Just choose Settings to see which devices are using Apple Pay, then click your device and click Remove next to Apple Pay.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

How do I delete a device on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.