Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Browse All Versions" crashes every time

I am using Pages 5.5.2 with Yosemite 10.10.2. Whenever I REVERT/BROWSE ALL VERSIONS and I select an old version I get a hanging beach ball and have to Force Quit. It wasn't always like this. It changed when Pages changed Browse All Versions so there were up and down arrows in addition to the bars at the far right. I am selecting from the bars, but the arrows are unresponsive or very slow. I am writing a book so access to the old versions is important to me and it had been a very useful feature but is unusable now much to my dismay. I should add that I have a LOT of old versions. I save every couple of minutes...but even so it didn't use to be be a problem. I ran Disk Utilities on my hard drive and it was fine. The Pages file is in iCloud Drive.

Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas about how to fix it?

Thanks.

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 5:28 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 6:03 PM in response to Jeff Friedman

Well I seemed to have fixed it with a caveat. I saved the file under a different name and now it works. But all the old versions are gone in this new file. But going forward it works and I need it more for recent, as I work changes, than for the the ton of really old ones. Wish I didn't have to do it this way but I guess its better than nothing.

Feb 19, 2016 7:20 AM in response to Jeff Friedman

I'm having this trouble as well, with both Keynote and Pages (Pages 5.6.1 on Yosemite). As with your experience, it seems to be connected to the age / complexity of the document. Bottom line, though, I think if one is making many changes to a document, one needs to save a new version every day or two, to ensure access to past versions.

I've done a bit of research and found no documentation on this issue from Apple...

"Browse All Versions" crashes every time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.