Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phantom app on home screen

On my home screen that shows all the icons, I seem to have two icons for the Evernote app. One, when tapped on, launches the app normally and the other one does nothing. The nonfunctional one is slightly darker than the functioning one.

If I tap and hold any of the icons to enter edit mode, they all start jiggling as normal. But the icons/apps that can be deleted have an "X" in the corner while the phantom Evernote icon does not (although it is also jiggling).

I can move the phantom icon to another screen or a folder if I drag it, but I cannot delete it.

I'm wondering if this phantom icon has a purpose or if it is a bug or corruption in IOS 8 (I just got this iPhone a couple days ago).

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:45 PM

A reset may help. Tap and hold the Home button and the On/Off buttons for approximately 15-20 seconds, until the Apple logo reappears. When the logo appears, release both buttons.

No content is affected by this procedure.

1 reply

Phantom app on home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.