Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why wont it let me use my balance on my gift card

Why wont it let me use the balance on my gift card??

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 4:20 PM

7 replies

Mar 1, 2015 8:42 AM in response to ed2345

Howdy ed

If I understand you correctly (??)

• One has a Gift Card will all or part of the purchased amount on it
  • One cannot spend that money (which Apple or someone already has in their bank account) on anyone but one's own self?
  • Why would it matter "on whom" the $ is spent to Apple or anyone else?

although the 're-gifting' by purchasing another Gift Card with said Gift Card might make a little sense (I have a hard time thinking criminally), I am confused by the policy.

ÇÇÇ

Mar 1, 2015 10:23 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

ChitlinsCC wrote:

Howdy ed

If I understand you correctly (??)

• One has a Gift Card will all or part of the purchased amount on it
  • One cannot spend that money (which Apple or someone already has in their bank account) on anyone but one's own self?
  • Why would it matter "on whom" the $ is spent to Apple or anyone else?

although the 're-gifting' by purchasing another Gift Card with said Gift Card might make a little sense (I have a hard time thinking criminally), I am confused by the policy.

ÇÇÇ

ÇÇÇ,

Here is the statement from the Apple Legal page:

Gift Certificates, iTunes Cards and Codes, Content Codes, and Allowances, in addition to unused balances, are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund (except as required by law); exchanged; resold; used to purchase Gifts, Gift Certificates, or iTunes Cards or Codes; used to provide Allowances; used for purchases on the Apple Online Store; or used in Apple Retail Stores. Unused balances are not transferable.

That is a very typical policy among online retailers.

Mar 1, 2015 2:34 PM in response to ed2345

I understand about 'it's My house and we play by my rules" - not a problem

you asked if maria (yet to hear much back from her) was "trying to buy a *gift* for someone" - my point was (and is) that if I have $ on a GC, what possible difference does it make *who* the purchase I make is FOR?

I DO understand about tunes and apps and such maybe being tied to an AppleID - but with what little she said, we are exercising futility, methinks

buenos tardes, amigo

ÇÇÇ

why wont it let me use my balance on my gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.