Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4 wifi taking 36 hours to download ios8.1.3?

I have an IPad 4 32gb wifi. It performs pretty well but I got a new laptop and decided now as the time to update my ipad to iOS 8.1.3 since I couldn't before due to lack of space.

I have the newest version of iTunes. I started to download the iPad iOS 8.1.3 update and if said 46 hours on the laptop.

I decided to make some space on the iPad to download the update that way instead, without the laptop.

This way it says 36 hours and won't go down. This is just downloading! Not updating 😟

I have turned the iPad off and on again (best way to solve a problem, surely? 😝) and that reduced the download time to 23 minutes, then it sprung up to 36 hours again.

I really don't know what to do.

I haven't updated my iPad in a long time - its currently at iOS 7.0.4, which means I'm trying to go from 7.0.4 to 8.1.3

Is this the problem or is there something else? My wifi isn't particularly slow, it runs everything else at a fantastic speed, yet even when I try this download as the only thing happening in the house, still this huge wait.

Can someone help?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, Download is so slow!

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 4:05 PM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2015 2:29 AM in response to Philly_Phan

Okay that said, ping 23, download 14.64mbps and upload 0.74mbps.

ipad has been on charge while I slept (9 hours) and it's now on 26 hours. So...is it really just gonna take that long? Goodness knows how long it'll take to update when it's downloaded 😟

If it turns out that the wifi is pretty bad speed, what can I do to improve it?

Thanks!

Mar 1, 2015 7:09 AM in response to Philly_Phan

Thanks! Well, it's been so long I can't remember when I did it, but the update to 7.0.4 went smoothly. Never had this issue before, but my phone (iphone 5s) needs updating to 8.1.3 too and it's just failing to download at all.

Actually, the iPad got down to 23 hours and then it came up with 'download failure' so back to square one pretty much 😟

Im thinking of making an appointment at the apple store near me and going to see if they can help. The iPad is backed up and everything so, hopefully theyll be able to help?

i Just find it weird that it keeps saying itll take so long, then failing!

iPad 4 wifi taking 36 hours to download ios8.1.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.