Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 3 keyboard keys don't highlight when tapped

The keyboard on my iPad mini 3 does not register the keys being tapped the way it does on my iPad 4. On my iPad 4, the keys highlight briefly after they are tapped to guide your typing. I find this to be very helpful, however I can't figure out how to turn this feature on for my iPad mini. I saw one answer that said to turn off "Reduce Transparency" in Accessibility, however, when I checked my settings in my iPad 4, this feature is on and the highlighting still works. I don't know why this would make it stop working in my mini, but not my iPad 4, but, apparently it does. Both iPads are running iOS 8.1.3. I also tried to reset my keyboard dictionary as suggested by another person, but this did not work either. I am just looking for some other suggestions because I'd like to be able to keep Reduce Transparency on, especially if this does not deactivate the highlighting on my iPad 4.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:25 PM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 3:26 PM in response to stedman1

Well, I think my main confusion is that everything is the same on both of them, yet the highlighting works on one and not the other. But to answer your question, I added Korean when I was there and never disabled it, so I disabled that. Also, I had an emoji keyboard that I deleted, and I turned off all the options like check spelling and auto correct, etc. Then I went and reset the keyboard dictionary, then I restarted my iPad. There is no other keyboard on my iPad mini other than the system keyboard.

iPad mini 3 keyboard keys don't highlight when tapped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.